Monday, August 15, 2005

I am so not getting a minivan

I survived the beach vacation without increasing my risk of melanoma. The same cannot be said for Daddy Star. How many years with me before Daddy Star learns to apply sunscreen?

The Starlets enjoyed themselves, as long as we weren't in the car. I enjoyed myself as long as we weren't in the car. Hell is a road trip with the Star family.

Vacation aged me in a way that marriage, a mortgage, and two hairy childbirths did not. I was the one keeping the precious twinkle up out of the current. I was the one reassuring him he wouldn't fall from the ferris wheel. This time the packing and planning and navigating and bathing and feeding somehow transformed the playing dress-up mommy clothes into a second skin.

1 Comments:

Blogger josetteplank.com said...

"Vacation aged me in a way that marriage, a mortgage, and two hairy childbirths did not."

A-MEN!!!!!!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home