Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Drowning

I've been having this recurring nightmare.

It always starts in the middle. I'm flying one of those old airplanes, the kinds with the big propellers and double wings. (I have no idea what anything on an airplane is actually called.)

So I'm flying this airplane over a river, at twilight, there are no people, no houses, no civilization, nothing around, just hills and trees, but there's a bridge over the river.

And I lose control of the airplane and fall out, at which point everything happens in slow motion. I can almost fly, sometimes I make it temporarily back in the plane, sometimes I skim over the bridge, sometimes under it. But I always end up in the water, suffocating. At this point I always wake up, struggling to breathe.

(So what do you make of that one, dear om?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home