Monday, September 12, 2005

Moving On

So I forgot that yesterday was, you know, yesterday. Day of justification for all things Machiavellian to come out of the current administration. For the first time since 2001, I didn't spend some part of the day glued to the television, weeping.

It was summerlike here yesterday. The in-laws came over. We watched football and had a cook-out.

And I blamed my forgetting on Katrina, but I am none to happy to realize I seem to have used up some portion of my sympathy. Should I not be able to feel compassion for the 9/11 victims and the hurricane victims?

1 Comments:

Blogger lemony said...

I don't think it's about not being able to share compassion so much as it's about not being able to process everything all at the same time without going wonky nuts.

Compartments of grief, kwim?

xoxo

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home