Monday, May 05, 2008

The Door Knob is Gone

So, after the last fiasco, part of the doorknob, that part that latches into the frame, was still there.

As I was getting out of the shower on Saturday, the baby came in, ran back out, then slammed the door shut behind him. Latching me in. No door knob. No tools in the bathroom. Thought about shimmying out the window. Which is three storeys above a gravel drive. Have a lovely purple bruise along my hip from trying to force the door open. Right. My hip was going to break the door frame. So, I told the boy to get my cell phone, and started reciting numbers until we got hold of their father, who came and got me out. There is now no door knob hardware whatsoever on the bathroom door until I decide if I'm going to wait out his obsession with locks or get a door knob that doesn't lock at all. And my humiliation is complete.

So, Saturday sucked. The way some days just suck. Long and hard. The way some days are just complete and utter pain, and you do whatever you have to to get through. The days when a song gets stuck in your head and won't let go. Saturday's was Glycerine.

So, eventually I just decided to feed the earworm, and dug out the cd. And danced. And moved because I had to. The baby is now ready for a mosh pit. :) The boy, not so much. Machinehead came on, and he said, "Mom, why are you jumping. Jumping isn't dancing." He still needs some work. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger CrazyFool said...

All that dancing and no webcam Grrrrr!!
I'm sorry that you had such a poopy saturday.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home