Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Language acquisition

Boy Star has developed quite the imagination. He is also quite adept at expressing himself.

BS: What's for dinner tonight?

MS: Spaghetti.

BS: I don't want pasketti. I don't like it.

MS: I didn't ask if you like it. I told you what's for dinner.

BS: That's not fair, mommy.

MS: Fair's a place you take your pig, baby.

BS: No mommy. You go to the fair all by yourself. And take your noodles with you.

So after I stopped laughing, I told him I had to call Grammie Imelda. He needs to know this because he has appointed himself keeper of the phone.

"Don't talk on the phone. It'll kill you. I don't want you to get killed."

Seriously, three year olds are aliens. He spent all afternoon throwing a pillowcase over his head telling Baby Star he was a flying Dutchman ghost.

Aliens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home