Friday, May 19, 2006

Pre-pregnant?

Is anyone else starting to feel like a walking womb yet?

Okay now:


Women should also make sure all vaccinations are up-to-date and avoid contact with lead-based paints and cat feces, Biermann said.

The report recommends that women stop smoking and discuss with their doctor the danger alcohol poses to a developing fetus.

Research shows that "during the first few weeks (before 52 days' gestation) of pregnancy" -- during which a woman may not yet realize she's pregnant -- "exposure to alcohol, tobacco and other drugs; lack of essential vitamins (e.g., folic acid); and workplace hazards can adversely affect fetal development and result in pregnancy complications and poor outcomes for both the mother and the infant," the report states.



So, from the time we start menstruating until menopause, we should be acting as if we are pregnant all the time.

I do believe it's time to start worshipping at the Church of Margaret Atwood.

1 Comments:

Blogger lemony said...

Uh-oh. With the teen I smoked like a chimney before I knew. With the boy I ate lots of soft cheese, and with the littlest lemon I drank. Like a fish. Spent an entire weekend in some state of drunkeness...

...oh! I get it now! The youngest Lemon is spirited and stubborn and sassy because I pickled her!

And all this time I thought it was because she is my daughter.

Seriously, though, I've always wondered how we're supposed to avoid The Very Bad Things before Potential Life Form is bigger than a half a grain of rice. I mean, really. What are we? Knowers of All Things Reproductive?

I love my kids. I did the best I could when I knew and I do the best I can now. But I am more than their mother. You know?

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home