Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I? Have to get out more

After weeks of craziness with house projects and death of relatives and heathen children, I finally got to go out Sunday morning.

All by myself.


To Kohl's where I had to return the cutest hot pink silk cami that made me look like a stuffed sausage. Wah.

But then there were cute sandals to look at, so that was okay.

And since I love books more than oxygen, and there is no coffee at Kohl's, off to the bookstore.

I have a happy little bookstore routine. First, I have to get the yummy hazelnut latte. The big one. Yum.

Then, I meander through the periodical aisles, up and down, until I get to the final aisle and grab the latest Poets & Writers.

Sounds good, no?

I had to pass behind some man on my way along the magazine rack. I was polite. I stayed out of his space. He stared at my legs, up and down, no less than three times in under a minute.

I wasn't wearing heels. I do not have a tan. I have cellulite and spider veins. If he wasn't so creepily obvious, I would have felt sorry for him.

But no, he killed my bookstore mojo.

Didn't stop me from buying books, of course. ;)

All this to say, I need to get out more.

2 Comments:

Blogger S.T. said...

Come now, I bet your legs are hot. Who could blame the guy? ;)

Mmmm...a hazelnut latte sounds divine.

9:25 PM  
Blogger josetteplank.com said...

I was thinking the same thing, lol!

Please, stop tempting the bookstore customers with your sexy-woman legs. People are trying to read and stuff. ;-)

Now going to get a latte. Decaf, of course.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home