Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lost

It's hard to explain what becoming a mother does to a person; the way it expands and connects one to other mothers, other children. There're certain signs of motherhood women recognize in each other. The moms sway in grocery store lines long after their children are no longer babies in their arms. All the moms in a public place will turn to the source of a child's cry. Other mothers will offer their seats to pregnant women, their place in the dreaded public bathroom line.

And sometimes all we can do for each other and each other's children is send love and hope and faith.

Sarah, the thirteen-year-old daughter of a mom I know on-line, has been missing since Friday.

Please keep her in your thoughts.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Oh, God. That hits like a gut-punch. Any word? Any ideas? Please pass on my hopes/good thoughts. They must be scared witless.

1:03 PM  
Blogger kaliroz said...

Oh, mommastar, you made me cry love.

I'll keep her in my thoughts.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Momma Star said...

Right now she's considered a runaway, so not much is happening officially. As best they know, her friends are helping her.

It's incredibly frustrating to watch. I can't imagine living it.

7:25 PM  
Blogger jouettelove said...

beautiful post.
sending love and hope and faith to the 13yo and her mom.

9:01 PM  
Blogger ©Jac said...

prayers said. How scary!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I am so very sorry to hear this. My thoughts will be with her and her parents.

(((HUGS))) to you all.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Atticus said...

How tragic, I feel for that family. I will certainly keep them in my thoughts.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Renée said...

:( I'm so sorry, I hope she comes home soon.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home